Galapagos Explorer: Southern Islands (Grand Queen Beatriz) on Grand Queen Beatriz
Cruise the Galapagos and discover its unique native wildlife on a 7-day sailing adventure around the southern end of the archipelago. Meet giant tortoises that inhabit Isla San Cristobal, watch blue-footed boobies dance the booby two-step and wander the unfamiliar environment that characterises these far-flung islands. Every day wake up to a different view out your window from the comforts of the M/Y Grand Queen Beatriz. Sail past the volcanic Punta Pitt, swim with sea lions at Bahia Gardner, and hike past prickly pear cacti on Isla Santa Fe. Prepare to head on the adventure of a lifetime and become a Galapagos explorer.
- Isla Santa Cruz - Charles Darwin Research Station (1.5 hours) - Dry Landing
- Isla Plaza Sur - Walk (2 hours) - Dry Landing
- Isla Santa Fe - Panga ride (45 mins)
- Isla Santa Fe - Walk (1.5 hours) - Wet Landing
- Isla Espanola - Punta Suarez - Walk (3 hours) - Dry Landing
- Isla Espanola - Bahia Gardener - Snorkel (1 hour)
- Isla Espanola - Bahia Gardener - Walk (1.5 hours) - Wet Landing
- Isla San Cristobal - Punta Pitt - Walk (2 hours) - Wet Landing
- Isla San Cristobal - Isla Lobos - Walk (1 hour) - Dry Landing
- Isla San Cristobal - Kicker Rock - Snorkelling (45 minutes)
- Isla Santa Cruz - Highlands Visit (3 hours) - Dry Landing
- Keep an eye out for your next glimpse of Galapagos penguins, sea lions or albatross. In the air, on land and underwater – there’s always something to see.
- Cruise in small-scale style on the M/Y Grand Queen Beatriz, following in the footsteps of past explorers and passing the best of the southern islands.
- Roam Isla Plaza Sur, a small island packed full of wildlife – get close to sea lions, walk trails past one of the Galapagos’ largest land iguana populations and visit the rugged southern cliffs that are home to a gathering of old and young male sea lions known as the 'Gentlemen’s Club’!
- Go exotic bird watching off the coast of Isla Espanola, where you may see the unique waved albatrosses, blue-footed boobies, and masked boobies.
- Understand the geography and history of the Galapagos at the San Cristobal Interpretation Center, where you’ll learn more about past explorers and expeditions and how your journey shapes up to theirs.
- Adventure and Active
Experience the 'Enchanted Islands' in our new custom-built yacht, the Grand Queen Beatriz. Our new boutique expedition boat came into service on the 30th June 2018. With a stylish modern design, ensuite bathrooms, outward-facing windows in all cabins (and private balconies in some), and a jacuzzi on the sundeck, the 'Grand Queen Bea' will be one of the newest boats operating in the Galapagos.
Our leaders are born and raised in-count ...